Welcome to the West of Co. Clare on the Scenic Wild Atlantic Way!
Nature, tradition and hospitality in one of the most beautiful areas Ireland has to offer... The West of Clare is probably best known as being home to the Cliffs of Moher but it also offers many unspoiled tourist spots off the beaten track!
Natural elements shape the landscape which is fronting the crashing Atlantic waves and which are central to all the sights and activities in Clare:
- the dramatic cliff scenery at the Cliffs of Moher and
- the equally impressive Cliff scenery extending from Kilkee all the way to Loop Head, overall winner of the recent competition "The best place to holiday in Ireland" by "The Irish Times" beating off 1400 entries from all over Ireland!
- the unique limestone landscape of the Burren with an extraordinary flora and fauna as well as ancient monuments
- the surfing breaks in Ireland's foremost surfing village, Lahinch, but also in the other renowned surfing areas in Clare
- the sandy golden beaches inviting not only swimmers, but also taking the shoes off and walking
- the Atlantic ocean ideal for all kinds of watersports including angling, wakeboarding, sea kayaking, canoeing, sailing and diving - in one of the clearest waters you'll find in Ireland
- the golf courses for every taste and ambition
- the rare and breeding birds, dolphin families and whales making the West of Clare a haven for bird and wildlife watchers
- experience the Best of County Clare on the Wild Atlantic Way
West Clare is also where traditional Irish music has its home. Music is everywhere, you'll find it on one of the many festivals as well as in the lively sessions in the traditional pubs throughout the County, from Doolin in the North to Kilrush in the South [more...]
The West of Clare is magical, full of surprises if you take the time to explore them! Why not find out more?
Have you got nice pictures of our area? Please take part in our competition and you have a chance for a free dinner and one night B&B at Keane's Oyster Bar & Restaurant in Kilkee (http://www.keaneskilkee.com)
Please share The West of Clare with your friends